Class – VI Sub: Social Studies History(BITS)
1. The Pallavas started their political career as the feudatories of the __________________
2. They founded a kingdom in the ______________ region of Guntur District.
3. _________________ is a Dravida country.
4. Pallavas ruled entire Tamil Nadu with _______________ as capital.
5. _______________ founded the Pallava empire.
6. ______________ is a many sided genius.
7. Mahendra Varma bore the title ________________
8. Nayanars were the great devotees of _____________________
9. _________________ was the first to build cave temples.
10. Narasimha Varma bore the title __________________
11. Narasimha Varma built the port town ____________________
12. Small temples built by Narasimhavarma in Mahabalipuram are called as _________
13. Narasimha Varma I killed _________________ in a battle and occupied the
14. After Pallavas, ________________ ruled entire Dravida country.
15. Pallavas built a beautiful temple of Siva at Mahabalipuram known as _____________
16. Kailashnatha temple and Vaikuntha Perumel temple are at _________________
17. A huge and beautiful sculptural panel called the ____________________________is at
18. Saiva saints were called ___________________
19. Vaishava saints were called _________________
20. Pallava kings founded colleges called ______________ to educate people in Sanskrit
language and Vedas.
21. During Narasimha Varma’s period, the Chinese Buddhist pilgrim _____________
1. The Chalukyas founded a kingdom in about ____________ in _____________ ______________
2. The Chalukyas capital was _________________ or _____________
3. Western chalukyas are also called as _________________
4. _________________ was the greatest among the chalukyas.
5. Pulakesin II defeated the pallavaking _________________
6. Pulakesin II defeated Harsha on the banks of _____________________
7. _____________ inscription describes the victories and greatness of Pulakesin II.
8. Pulakes in II conquered Andhradesa and gave to it his younger bother
9. Kubja Vishnuvardhana ruled from _________________
10. The line of kings who ruled after kubja K.Vishnuvardhan were called as _________
Or ______________ _____________
11. Few chalukyan kings ruled with _______________ in Karnataka as their capital.
12. The Chalukyas _______________ sculpture, architecture and paintings.
13. They built great temples at ______________ at several places.
14. We can find chalukyan temples at ________________ , _________________ and _______
15. The huge statue of _______________ in Sravana Belagola was also erected during
I. THE SANGAM AGE:
1. The region between Vindhya mountains and the river Tungabadra is called _________or _____________________
2. The land between river Tungabadra and the Cape Comorin/Kanya Kumari is called as ____________
3. The state of ______________and ______________form Dravidadesa .
4. Dravidians lived earlier to __________________
5. ____________________ and __________________ indicate the respective races.
6. Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam are ______________ languages.
7. The _________________ inscriptions refer the ancient Tamil Kingdoms (Cholas, Cheras (Keralas) and the Pandyas).
8. In Tamil history, 1st, 2nd and 3rd centuries AD are referred to as the ________________ Age.
9. The capital of the Pandya kingdom was ____________________
10. ___________ refer to an assembly of Scholars and poets in Madurai.
11. At present, ____________ stanzas of this literature, composed by __________ poets
12. From the Sangam literature we come to know about _______________and ________of the ancient Tamil Kingdoms.
13. _____________ , _____________________ and _______________were together referred
to in the Sangam literature.
14. __________________ is a great king among the Chola rulers.
15. The capital of the Cholas was ____________
16. _____________ is the port town during Cholas.
17. Karikala built many temples for _________________
18. _______________ was a great centre of foreign trade.
19. Karikala built many temples for __________________
20. Among Cherakings _________________ was the famous ruler.
21. ________________ describes victories of Senguttavan.
22. ________________ is the greatest among the Pandya ruler.
23. The capital of Pandyas was ____________________
24. All the kings of the Sangam age patronized and promoted ______________ literature.
25. _____________ and _____________ are two great works in Sangam literature.
26. From Silappadikaram we come to know of the life of ___________________ a great women known for her chastity.
27. It was during the Sangam period that Indian culture, which is an amalgam of the _____________ and _________ culture took shape.
3. KUSHANS AND KANISHKA
1. Kings of the Kushan clan, who belonged to a race called the Yeuchi in Central Asia
founded ______________ _________________
2. They founded a small Kingdom in ______________
3. Their capital was ___________________ (present day Peshawar)
4. __________________ was the greatest among the Kushan rulers.
5. Kanishka defeated Chinese ruler and took the title ___________________
6. Kanishka’s court was adorned by Great Buddhist Philosopher called _______________
7. Nagarjunacharya founded a university near ________________
8. Nagarjunacharya propagated a new school or sect of Buddhism called ___________
9. Kanishka followed the _____________________
10. Mahayana Buddhism spread even to ____________________
11.Kanishka is called the second ________________
12. _______________ was Kanishkas court physician.
13. Asvaghosha, a great poet, adorned the court of Kanishka, wrote a Poetical work
14. During Kanishka’s period a school or variety of sculptures called the
15. Kanishka built a huge Stupa in ____________________
2. EMPEROR HARSHA
1. Harsha became the ruler over the kingdoms of ____________and ___________
2. The dynasty of Harsha is known as ________
3. During Harsha’s period the Chinese Buddhist pilgrim __________visited India.
4. According to Hieun Tsang , Harsha conquered entire North India within _____________years.
5. During Harsha’s reign , Deccan was ruled by _____________
6. Pulakesin belongs to the _________________ _________dynasty.
7. Capital of Western Chalukyas was ____________or ___________________
8. Harsha was defeated by Pulakesin II on the banks of the ________________
9. Hieun – Tsang wrote a book called the ______________
10. Harsha was a follower of _______________
11. Harsha inculcated ___________________or __________ among his people.
12. Harsha held a religious assembly called __________________ _______in ___
13. Harsha is a poet and a ___________
14. The three Sanksrit dramas of Harsha were __________, ____________and _______________
15. Bana wrote __________ and ___________ in Sanskrit .
16. _________ University in Bihar became very famous during Harsha’s time.
17. There were _________teachers and ____________-students at the Nalanda University.
18. There was no unity among _________rulers.
19. Muslim invaded India and established ___________Kingdom.
20. Mahmud Gazni plundered ____________ temple.
21. Md. Ghori defeated _____________________ in the battle of ___________
22. Md. Ghori defeated ______________ in 1974 AD.
23. After Md. Ghori’s death ____________was declared as the Delhi Sultan.
24. Delhi Sultanate was founded by ____________
THE GUPTA EMPIRE
1. The most famous empire after the Mauryan empire was _____________
2. The Gupta dynasty was founded by ____________________
3. The most famous among the Gupta rulers was ______________
4. The Gupta age is called the _______________or the ________________
5. Chandragupta – I married Kumaradevi, who belonged to powerful clan of __________, ruling Vaisali.
6. _____________ was the capital of the Gupta Empire .
7. Because of many victories in North and South India, Samudra Gupta was also called ______________________________________
8. Samudragupta had the title ‘King of Poets’ or __________
9. Samudragupta was an expert musician and could play _____________
10. The rulers of _____________and ______________sent presents to Samudragupta expressing their obedience.
11. Chandragupta –II (Vikramaditya) assumed the Title _____________and __________
12. Chandragupta – II made _______________in Malwa as the second capital .
13. Chandragupta – II’s court was adorned by __________ poets.
14. The Iron pillar of victory in Delhi is near ___________________
15. During Chandragupta II, the Chinese Buddhist piligrim who came to India.
16. The people during Gupta period were _______
17. The Gupta rulers patronized and promoted _______
18. Gupta’s patrionised the __________________language.
19. Many of the eighteen Puranas are known as _________ Purnas.
20. _______ wrote three great dramas in Sanskrit language.
21. Varahamihira wrote great works on _________
22. Aryabhatta wrote great works on ________________
23. The most beautiful sculptures of Buddha is found in __________
24. The seven feet high Buddha is found in _________ near Kasi.
25. Some of the paintings of the ________ caves were painted in Gupta times.
26. Gupta empire came to an end due to __________________
THE ARAB CONQUEST
1. The founder of Islam is ________________
2. Prophet Muhammad belonged to the desert kingdom of ________
3. With new principles of religion, Muhammed united the ___________into one nation.
4. In hundred years, Islam spread from ____________in Europe to the _________ region in India.
5. In India today ______________ crore Indians follow Islam.
6. For the first time Arabs invaded Sindh in ___________AD
7. Arabs defeated ____________, the Hindu King ruling Sindh region.
8. Arabs introduced _____________ in India.
9. Rajputs rulers had no _________________among themselves.
10. Arabs translated many scientific books on __________
11. Through Arabs, _______________countries became familiar with Indian culture.
VI. INDIAN CULTURE ABROAD
1. Asoka sent his son Mahendra and daughter Sangamitra as Missionaries to ________
2. Asoka sent Buddhist missionaries to Burma, then known as _____________
3. From 3rd centuary Hindu culture flourished in __________ (Siam)
4. 2000 years ago, there was a Hindu colony at _______________ in central Asia.
5. ______________ , The Buddhist scholar went to China to spread Buddhism .
6. Chinese Buddhist piligrims _______________and _________________visited India.
7. Group of Islands is called __________________.
8. The largest Buddhist Stupa in the world is found at ______________ in Java.
9. At _______________ in Kampuchea, there is a big Vishnu Temple.
10. In the Island of ____________ (Indonesia), Hinduism is still followed.
I. ANDHRA SATAVAHANA:
1. After the Mouryas, kings of the __________________ dynasty ruled over the kingdom of Magadha.
2. The founder of the Sunga dynasty was _____________________
3. After the sungas, ________________________dynasty ruled Magadha
4. Founder of the Kanva dynasty was ______________________
5. During the times of Sungas, ______________________invaded Pataliputra from Bactria.
6. Andhras, were the _________________________of the Mouryas.
7. For the first time Andhras were mentioned in the _______________, a ritual book attached to the Rig Veda.
8. _____________, was a Greek ambassador in the court of Chandragupta. He wrote the book_________ ___________________
9. The book ‘Indica’ mentions that __________________ had thirty forts and a mighty army.
10. ______________________ , in his inscriptions, mentions that the Andhras were living in his empire.
11. The land between the Vindhya Mountains and the river Tungabhadra was called
12. Andhras lived between the rivers ________________and ________________________
13. In the beginning their capitals were ________________and _______________
14. Mouryan power declined after ______________________
15. Srimukha , belonged to the ________________________
16. ____________________ founded an independent Kingdom of Andhras.
17. Satavahana ruled from their capitals ___________________and ___________________
18. ______________________, the Satavahana ruler invaded North India and captured
19. ___________________________ compiled a book called Gatha Sapta Sati.
20. ______________ conquered the foreigner (Sakas, Pahlavas etc) and ruled over the entire Deccan.
21. _____________________issued coins with the figure of a ship, pointing his
authority over the seas.
22. During, Satavahanas times, trade with the ____________________empire
23. Satavahana rulers promoted _________________ but also patrionised _____________
24. Crafts men and manufacturers formed into trade unions called _________________
25. The languages of Satavahans were _____________________and _________________
26. Gunadhya wrote Brihatkatha in ___________________
27. _____________________wrote Sanskrit grammar called the_ _______________ to
make people learn Sanskrit easily.
28. The great Buddhist philosopher of Satavahanas period was ___________________
29. Nagarjuna founded a _______________________ near the Nagarjuna hill in the
30. Satavahanas excavated ______________________ cave monastries/ temples.
31. They erected several ________________________Stupas.
32. Among all stupas, _____________________stupa is very famous.
33. Amravati is in _____________________ district.
34. ______________________ Kingdom was like a bridge between North India and
35. After fall of Satavahanas, _______________________rulers ruled the region between
the Krishna and Godavari.
36. The Capital of the Ishvakus was ________________________
37. The present day ______________________________dam is built at the site-
38. Roman engineers built a big _____________________in Vijayapuri.
* * *